Wednesday, November 14, 2012

It's too cold for you here


Flowers in a temple, Phnom Penh.

What a rough week. I'm surprised I survived through it actually. Sometimes when I want to talk about something that's been bothering me I always almost let it out and right before I do I go "Mm, it's not that bad, not that important" and just shove it to a corner somewhere far far away. At first I thought it was fine but I'm starting to think that it might be a bad habit? But then again, people don't have to know because well.. they don't have to know.

Anyway, I spoke to a friend today and it made me want to share this site to him. Then I thought, why not share it with everyone?
I Wrote This For You

This writer takes the words out of my mouth all the time. Whenever I'm having a bad day I go there for comfort(yeah, who needs to binge on ice cream & romantic flicks?). God damn it. I wish I could write that well. I always thought I express myself better in writing than conversing but damn.. I wish I have other repertoires so I could tell myself that I've done things with my life. Favorite compilations let's go!

--

"How do you feel?"

"Cold and lonely. Since the beginning of time, everything's been moving away from me. That's what it means to be at the centre. I don't understand why anyone would want to be me."

--

"My worry is that what you measure yourself with ends up defining you. You pour yourself into the thing that measures you and it defines you. And I just hope that one day you find out that you're fuller when you measure yourself in love and people and moments, instead of things, adoration and money."

--

"Don't be shy. You can take another piece of me. Everyone else already has.

Until there's nothing left. Until I disappear"

--

"I have spoken to the rest of the world and we all feel sorry for you. Because we get to look at you but all you have to look at, is us"

--

"If you knew how much trouble the universe went to for us to be here, now, standing in front of each other, you'd know we're going to have to be careful.

Plankton and plants and canals, a hundred suns, a thousand sailing ships, ten thousand civilizations, a million, million, million first kisses from all our mothers and fathers.

We owe it to them, to be careful"

--

"You could ink yourself until everyone knows all the things you love. You could wear uniforms that gave you all the authority in the world. Lose weight until there was nothing left. Paint the face. Suck in your gut.

But in the dark, stripped down to your bones, all that remains is you."

--

"He gave me that night back and this time, I told you the truth. We talked and held each other till the sun came up. And as I went to hell, the devil asked me if it was worth it. I said yes. Yes it was"

--

"Nothing has killed me yet. Not even you."

--

"This is the song I only sing when you're sleeping. These are the words I say when you can't hear me. This is the way I look when you can't see me. And you will never know"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Dreamworld 2013